Tuesday, April 9, 2013

1.0 ENTERING A NEW PHASE…


It’s 5.30 am…time to wake up as usual and start a new day... with a fresh routine though. 

Today it’s not an ordinary day of rushing through the routine for the last 33 years. There’s no more school, there’s no more college to rush to for the early clocking in…no more traffic jam at the junction of Jalan Bukit Meru to beat and no more reckless motorcyclists to avoid.

Today it’s a special day of a new beginning…the first day as a retiree…free of the normal routine adhering to rules and regulations, abiding by instructions within the confinements of classrooms, tutorial rooms and office walls.

Nonetheless, one thing for sure, I’ll miss all the charming faces of my friends at Kolej Matrikulasi Perak with their sweet smiles. Roshida, Roshidah, Rozianis, Azhani, Azua, Liza, Yatt, Prema, Shakila, Jun, the Ustazahs and many more…do give a call whenever you ladies can spare one second. An evening tea at the Meru Valley is an open invitation…

The farewell ceremony yesterday evening was a real surprise and an eventful one for a simple ordinary lecturer like me who happened to pass by and halted at Kolej Matrikulasi Perak as my last career pit station.The stop that lasted a period of ten short years imparting what little knowledge I have to the group of brilliant students was really a joy.

The sight of the large crowd of fellow lecturers, management, staffs and students articulated by the sumptous makan and the elaborate sending off turnout yesterday evening was just too much to bear. I’ve promised my husband to stay calm when bidding goodbye to friends without realising that a special occasion was lined up for me to say goodbye. No matter how hard I tried, the fond memories at KMPk keep rolling back and forth in my mind. I''ll missed KMPk. I'll greatly missed this place I named my second home. I'll sure missed my friends, my students and not forgetting my makan kaki...Those tears just rolled slowly over the cheeks unintentionally…sorry folks.

Those special moments in KMPk especially the sending off event are moments that touched my heart and soul and will forever be in my mind.

Thank you En Izad Ismail and the committee for the effort par excellent. Thank you YM Tengku Mazila for waking up in the wee hours preparing the farewell delicacies for the occasion. To Pak Wan Cafe, I really appreciate the farewell cake.

To Tuan Pengarah, the management, staff and fellow lecturers of KMPk, thank you all for the beautiful bouquet of flowers, the presents and the wonderful support, …really appreciate and hope the relationship built over the years will forever remain strong.




To my former students please keep putting in the efforts, strive for the best, realise your potential and reach for the sky. Teaching and serving all of you was indeed an honour...


May Allah bless all of you with the barokah...

 Jazak Allah khayran




No comments:

Post a Comment