Monday, April 15, 2013

3. SMILING THROUGH THE TASKS...

Woke up this morning to the alarm ringing at 5.30 a.m as usual feeling fresh and ready for the day with a strolling  schedule set till midnight.

Enjoying breakfast after morning prayers during weekdays, just the two of us, is a luxury we have missed for quite a while. We can now have the option to pick an elaborate breakfast, choose the place and set the mix at any eatery or stay at home and laze through a simple breakfast.

After breakfast, there is more tidying up to do. Since Tuesday, the fixtures and fittings in the house, all  seemed to be crying for attention to be cleaned and be spruced up as if they know that I'm now a full time house manager. "Take it easy, lady. You're now a prime 5 series model." I keep telling myself. After all, house keeping is an endless task. The best way to solve all the house chores is still through empowerment...hahaha...There I go again. Be it in college, at home or back then in schools, I had always resorted to that particular efficient mode of getting things done viz, empowerment. 

Satisfied with my choice of empowering the maid to resolve the house chores, I changed into the proper attire and with a smile, got into the car and off to the bank. Today I'm getting the first sight of the family company's affairs. I'm pretty sure my presence in the company would be much welcome by my son.

From the bank, I made my first visit to the EPF building in Greentown, Ipoh. I've passed this building on countless occasions but have never made a point to stop, not even to check my account. I was greeted by Ms Thevi, an officer with a charming smile at the counter. After narrating her the purpose of my visit, I was politely told to take a seat while she arranged for me see the right officer.
.
While looking around trying to choose a comfortable seat, another lady officer, Puan Noor Haliza approached me enquiring whether I've been served. Told her that Ms Thevi is looking into my case, she moved away with a smile trouble-shooting among the crowd. Within minutes, I was shown to counter 5 manned by En Shafie. This is a special counter for pensioners wishing to withdraw their EPF savings. One need only to produce the IC and a copy of valid bank statement for verification. The procedure is simple, efficient and straight forward qith necessary internal control systems in place. 

The whole process of verification the account and understanding the withdrawing procedure took hardly five minutes. I must compliment EPF for an effective system and its officers for their friendly and efficient way of discharging their duties and responsibilities while not forgetting to place genuine smiles on their faces.

Thank you Ms Thevi, Puan Noor Haliza and En Shafie...



No comments:

Post a Comment